Event Date: 18th October 2019
Lightning is indicated by a siren and a flashing light from the lightning alarm system. All players will be directed to the main sports hall, where they will remain until the all-clear signal from the lightning alarm has sounded and the Tournament Director has advised play can continue. If there is a significantly prolonged delay, a coaches meeting will be called and a decision about proceeding will be agreed.
The College has excellent security. However, coaches should ensure all valuables are stored away safely and remain in the tents provided for each school.
There will be food available to purchase from a variety of vendors on the day.
Schools should remind all players to bring a water bottle that can be refilled from the water dispensers provided. There will also be a refreshment stall available to all participants, staff and parents.
There will be paramedics on hand throughout the tournament. In addition to this, Marlborough nurses will assist in treating the players. In the event of a serious injury participants will be taken to Gleneagles Hospital, therefore, coaches require all necessary player contact details and documents for insurance purposes. Players without insurance must have adequate funds to cover any expenses incurred.
Hotel Granada Johor Bahru
Address: 55, Jalan Indah 15/2, Taman Bukit Indah, 81200, Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia.
Tel: +607-231 8888
Fax: +607-231 8889
Balls and equipment
Teams are to bring their own personal protective equipment, hockey sticks, balls for practice between matches and warm ups. Match balls will be provided.
|All U10, U12, U14, U16 and U18 competitions will take place on the MCM astro pitches.|
U10, U12 Girls
U14, U16 Girls
|2pm-3.30pm||15:30 – 18:30|
|4 team round robin||8 team knockout|
1. All players should be born on or before:
– 31 July 2003 for the U16 tournament.
– 31 July 2005 for the U14 tournament.
– 31 July 2007 for the U12 tournament.
– 31 July 2009 for the U10 tournament.
2. FIH Youth Laws apply with the following inclusions:
– Each team will be 7 a-side (U10 5 a-side)
– Every team must play with a Goalkeeper (U10 No Goalkeeper) with full protective equipment as listed in rule 7.
– Each squad will comprise of (up to) 10 players.
– Substitutions are made on the centre line and are allowed at any time, except following the award of a penalty corner or penalty stroke, until its completion, when only the defending goalkeeper may be substituted – and only if injured.
5. DURATION OF THE GAME
– 10 minutes one way. There will be a 5-minute interval between.
6. PLAYER EQUIPMENT & CLOTHING
– It is strongly recommended that shin-protectors and mouth-guards are worn by all outfield players at all times, (inclusive of training sessions/games). Marlborough College Malaysia takes no responsibility for player equipment or injuries.
– No player shall wear any equipment that may be dangerous to themselves or other players. This includes raised jewellery, baseball caps with a stiffened peak and/or any sharp objects.
– The use of appropriate footwear for the playing surface (trainers or turf shoes).
7. GOALKEEPER EQUIPMENT
In the interest of safety, goalkeepers must wear full goalkeeping equipment including:
– Full helmet with throat guard
– Body protector (groin and chest areas)
– Hand protectors
– Leg protectors
– Feet protectors (kickers)
– Abdominal guard or box
– Goalkeepers should also have a stick
Note: The umpires will not allow any team to play with a goalkeeper who is not properly protected.
8. TOURNAMENT FORMAT
The Winner of the group stage and round robin format will be the team with the most points scored, 4 points – win, 2 points – draw and 1 point – lost. If these are equal then the positions will be decided by:
(i) the team with the best points difference
(ii) goals scored
(iii) the result between the two teams concerned in their group/table.
(iv) the toss of a coin
N.B. The Tournament Director reserves the right to give the final judgement on the Competition Rules. In the event of a sending-off, the player is not allowed to play for the remainder of the Tournament.
|U12 Girls||U14 Girls||U16 Girls||U18 Girls|
|Marlborough College||TBC||Marlborough College||Marlborough College||Marlborough College||Marlborough College|
|JB Hockey Club||TBC||SK Mohd Khir Johari||SMK Tun Hussein Onn, Kluang||SMK Tun Hussein Onn, Kluang||SMK Tun Hussein Onn, Kluang|
|TBC||TBC||JB Hockey Club||JB Hockey Club||SMS Sultan Iskandar||SMS Sultan Iskandar|
|TBC||TBC||TBC||SMK Bandar T6||TBC||TBC|
|Full – 5 teams per age group|