The Straits Hockey Tournament will take place on 4th May 2019.
All U14 and U16 competitions will take place on the MCM astro pitches and the U18 competition will be off-site at the Johor Hockey Stadium.
|U14 Boys||U14 Girls|
|08:30 – 12:30||13:00 – 15:30|
|6 team round robin||5 team round robin|
|U16 Boys||U16 Girls|
|08:30 – 14:00||14:30 – 17:00|
|2 pools & Final||5 team round robin|
|U18 Boys (Johor Hockey Stadium)||U18 Girls (Johor Hockey Stadium)|
|09:00 – 14:00||09:00 – 12:30|
|Pool stages and finals||5 team round robin|
1. All players should be born on or before:
– 31 August 2002 for the U16 tournament.
– 31 August 2004 for the U14 tournament.
2. FIH Youth Laws apply with the following inclusions:
– Every team will be allowed 7 players on the pitch at any one time.
– Every team must play with a Goalkeeper, with full protective equipment as listed in rule 7. Kicking backs are not allowed.
– Each squad will comprise of (up to) 10 players.
– Substitutions are made on the centre line and are allowed at any time, except following the award of a penalty corner or penalty stroke, until its completion, when only the defending goalkeeper may be substituted – and only if injured.
5. DURATION OF THE GAME
– 10 minutes one way. There will be a 5-minute interval between.
6. PLAYER EQUIPMENT & CLOTHING
– It is strongly recommended that shin-protectors and mouth-guards are worn by all outfield players at all times, (inclusive of training sessions/games). Marlborough College Malaysia takes no responsibility for player equipment or injuries.
– No player shall wear any equipment that may be dangerous to themselves or other players. This includes raised jewellery, baseball caps with a stiffened peak and/or any sharp objects.
– The use of appropriate footwear for the playing surface (trainers or turf shoes).
7. GOALKEEPER EQUIPMENT
In the interest of safety, goalkeepers must wear full goalkeeping equipment including:
– Full helmet with throat guard
– Body protector (groin and chest areas)
– Hand protectors
– Leg protectors
– Feet protectors (kickers)
– Abdominal guard or box
– Goalkeepers should also have a stick
Note: The umpires will not allow any team to play with a goalkeeper who is not properly protected.
8. TOURNAMENT FORMAT
The Winner of the group stage and round robin format will be the team with the most points scored, 4 points – win, 2 points – draw and 1 point – lost. If these are equal then the positions will be decided by:
(i) the team with the best points difference
(ii) goals scored
(iii) the result between the two teams concerned in their group/table.
(iv) the toss of a coin
N.B. The Tournament Director reserves the right to give the final judgement on the Competition Rules. In the event of a sending-off, the player is not allowed to play for the remainder of the Tournament.