1. All players should be born on or before:
– 31 August 2004 for the U14 tournament.
– 31 August 2006 for the U12 tournament.
2. Each squad to comprise of (up to) 12 players.
IRB Youth Laws apply with the following exceptions:
3. The scrum to be formed by 3 players in the conventional front row formation.
– U14 Contested, Push and hook. (Penalty offence if scrum is pushed more than 1m)
– U12 Bind no contest.
– All scrums on the instruction of the referee: (Crouch – Bind – Set)
4. Duration of the games is 7 minutes each way. There will be a 2-minute interval between halves.
5. The lineout will be:
– U14 Contested, No lift (both teams must be 10m back from the lineout)
– U12 Uncontested, No lift (both teams must be 7m back from the lineout)
6. Rolling substitutions allowed but this must be done through the Referee.
7. Team Colours: if the Referee decides there is a colour clash, the team named first in the programme is obliged to change.
8. The Winner of each group will be the team with the most points scored, 3 points – win, 1 point – draw. If these are equal then the positions will be decided by:
(i) the team with the best points difference
(ii) tries scored
(iii) the result between the two teams concerned in their group match
(iv) the toss of a coin
9. The Tournament Director reserves the right to give the final judgement on the Competition Rules.
10. In the event of a sending-off, the player is not allowed to play for the remainder of the Tournament.
11. The team that scores will restart after a drop-kick conversion.
12. In the event of a draw in the KO stage then;
(i) Most converted tries wins (U12 Golden try zone).
(ii) First to have scored.