- All players should be born on or before:
- 31 July 2000 for the U18 tournament
- 31 July 2002 for the U16 tournament.
- Each squad to comprise (up to) 12 players.
IRB Youth Laws apply with the following exceptions:
- The scrum to be formed by 3 players in the conventional front row formation.
- All scrums on the instruction of the referee: (Crouch – Bind – Set)
- Duration of the games is 7 minutes each way. There will be a 2 minute interval between halves.
- The lineouts will be:
- All Lineouts will follow IRB law.
- Rolling substitutions allowed but this must be done through the Referee.
- Team Colours: if the Referee decides there is a colour clash, the team named first in the programme is obliged to change.
- The Winner will be the team with the most league points, 3 points – win, 1 point – draw. If these are equal then the positions will be decided by:
- the team with the best points difference
- tries scored
- the result between the two teams concerned in their group match
- the toss of a coin
- The Tournament Director reserves the right to give the final judgement on the Competition Rules.
- In the event of a sending-off, the player is not allowed to play for the remainder of the Tournament.
- The team that scores will restart after a drop-kick conversion.
- In the event of a draw in the KO stage then;
(i) Most converted tries wins
(ii) First to have scored.