Laws of the tournament
All matches will be played under current Laws of the game of Touch Rugby, as guided by the Federation of International Touch (FIT) 4th Edition Rulebook 2013.
All matches are to be refereed by coaches and volunteers. Refereeing decisions must be respected by all participants, spectators and coaches.
Tournaments for all age categories will follow a round robin format.
- Matches for U14, U16 and U18 age categories will be 15 minutes one way. There will be 5 minutes between each game.
- Matches for U12 teams will be 10 minutes one way. There will be 5 minutes between each game.
- Matches for U10 teams will be 7 minutes each way with one minute for half time. There will be 5 minutes between each game.
Composition of teams
Teams may assemble squads of up to 14 players.
Teams may not have more than 6 players on the field during play at any one time.
Unlimited interchange of players is permitted. Entry onto the field is only permitted once the exiting player has left the field of play.
Points will be awarded as follows:
- 4 points for a win, a walk-over or a bye
- 2 points for a draw
- 1 point for a loss
In the event of a walk-over, the score will be recorded as 2 tries to 0 in favour of the side that was present and ready to play. The Director of Sport shall determine when a side is more than three minutes late in being on the field ready to play, in which case a walk over shall be awarded.
Where teams are equal on points at the end of the round robin tournament, the position shall be determined as follows:
- Head to head; if equal; then;
- In points difference; if equal, then;
- In tries scored; if equal then;
- First try scored in head to head.
There are first place trophies for each of the age categories. Presentations will take place for all age categories following the final games for the U14, U16 and U18 tournaments at approx. 2:15pm. We hope that all teams will stay for the presentations.